February features the illustrious holiday of National Freelance Writers Appreciation Week. While flowers and chocolates and hugs are nice and all, I think the highest form of appreciation is to hire a writer.
For those who are unconvinced and feel you do not need a writer, you probably do. Here’s why:
* You’re part of an international, national, local or trade publication. Those articles aren’t going to write themselves. Great articles mean a larger readership which means more ad revenue, so invest already!
* You’re redesigning your website and your designer is hounding you for copy, but you just can’t get it done or come to an agreement of what should be featured on the website. A writer can take a look at the big picture, efficiently get to the heart of the matter and compel visitors to take action.
* You’ve got a blog, but no one in your company writes for it anymore. People are at a loss as to what to post and “write blog post” keeps falling to the bottom of the to-do list. A writer will ask a series of targeted questions and can put together blog posts that speak to your target audience and help keep your website content fresh.
* You know you need to produce content and you’ve got projects on your list: Articles, white papers, e-books, case studies and more. But you don’t know where to start or how to differentiate each piece. A writer can focus on key pieces of information differently for a wide variety of audiences and can help you do research to expand on and disseminate the data you’ve already collected.
* You need a second set of eyes. Almost everyone believes they are a good writer, but not everyone is correct in that assumption. At the very least, have a writer take a look at any piece of written content before you put it out into the universe. They’ll likely see something that can be reorganized, be more appropriately expressed and they may even find typos that spell check missed and you glossed over because you’ve read your piece 724 times.
Those are just five of about a million reasons I could give you to hire a writer. So, what are you waiting for? Appreciate the heck out of a freelance writer and hire one today!